We are having so much fun this fall. I love fall! The cool, crisp air is awesome. I love the changing leaves and even though it kind of sucks that it gets dark so early, it helps us be more on a schedule.
Ryan and I joined Cross Fit South Town in August. I wanted a pass for my birthday along with Ryan to go with me. It has been so much fun going together. We are both getting so strong and feeling so much better. When we first started, they were starting a nutrition challenge. Ryan and I got on board and paid into the pot to do this. The challenge was: 8 week food log, Filthy fifty workout (50 reps of 10 moves), before and after pictures and improve on a skill. Ryan picked to improve his timed mile, he wanted to shave 2 minutes off and mine was to do 3-4 kipping pull-ups (youtube crossfit kipping pull ups, if you want to see what these are). We both worked really hard, and I have to say, I did this type of diet change on my own before, and it was not so easy. Having Ryan do it with me made a world of difference. Anyway, eight weeks later...Ryan took 1st in the mens! I took 2nd in the womens! It was a huge accomplishment for both of us. We are still sticking pretty close to the diet, which is a combo of the Paleo and Zone diet. Basically no carbs, sugar or starches. We both are loving cross fit and go almost every day. You can check out there website to see what we have been doing. www.crossfitsouthtown.com
Laci and Katelyn have been playing fall soccer. They are both really improving. I think they really enjoy it. We need to work with them on getting their endurance up, they both act like they are going to die out on the field sometimes. I am pretty sure Laci was the leading scorer on her team. She did really well, I guess the SV soccer camp that Stacy did for them really helped them out.
Of course in the middle of all this was the Taylor Swift concert. Laci and I had such a great time hanging out together. It was fun to have some one on one time with her. We did a little bit of shopping before and grabbed a bite to eat at McDonalds (yuck!) and that was not so great for the nutrition challenge Thank goodness they have salads, but they don't even compare to Wendy's salads, but that was the best/quickest/closest place we could find (and I let Laci pick). Laci was so excited about the concert she probably would have gone without eating. She got a t-shirt and a bracelet. She sang, danced and screamed so loud. It was so much fun to see her so excited about that. Our seats were probably 20 rows from the top of Energy Solutions Arena. They for sure weren't the best, but Laci didn't mind, she was just so happy to be there.

No comments:
Post a Comment