It has been a long winter. It started out in November. On Thanksgiving morning, it was 15 below. We had a ton of snow. Then it all melted for Christmas. But, oh it was not going to end. More and More snow kept coming all through January and February and now even in March. It has been a long cold winter and I am about ready for the snow to be gone. I can't wait to get out and go running and get the girls out and about, not driving me nuts in the house. I really want to do better keeping up on my blog, so here it goes.
In November Ryan had his 15 year anniversary of at Autoliv. Laci and Katelyn also played their first year of Jr Mustang basketball. They were not so sure about this as they are loyal fans to there cousins at Sky View. I think they had a lot of fun and really improved over the 6 weeks of practices and games. I am not sure how I do not have 1 picture of Laci playing. :(
December went by so fast as it always does with the commercialization of Christmas. My wish for next Christmas is no gifts to be exchanged between family and friends and neighbors. Instead of gifts I think we should all just give to the food pantry or homeless shelters or some other worthy cause. I think it would make everyone in a lot better mood and we would could all just enjoy the time spent together talking and playing games. Really get back to the true meaning of Christmas. We had a wonderful celebration for my parents 50th Wedding Anniversary. What a fun and exciting occasion to be able to get together to celebrate such a great accomplishment. They are both amazing examples of love, hard work and devotion to everyone. I love them both and am so thankful for them!
January was a hard month. Ryan's Grandma Hazel passed away on the 14th. We were all very sad and will miss her dearly. I am sure she had a wonderful reunion with Homer. It is a comfort to know we will see her again someday.
February flew by. We were so busy with work and school. Laci and Katelyn started gymnastics this year and are keeping busy with that. They love it and it helps them get some of their energy out. Ryan and I started taking a class down at Autoliv every Wednesday night that will last 13 weeks. It is Financial Peace University. It is a class that Dave Ramsey does. If you have not heard of him, google him and you can find out a little bit more. It is great! I am so excited about it to finally get some knowledge about how to become debt free. It will be so nice to be able to say that one day soon. I can't wait to be there.
It is now the beginning of March and Ryan and I will be celebrating our 13th wedding anniversary on the 7th. I can't believe it has been 13 years. I love being married to him, he brings out the best in me. He is a wonderful husband and father. I am looking forward to many more years with him. Katelyn will be turning 7 on the 22nd. I can't believe my baby is getting so big. She has lost so many teeth this winter.
We are truly blessed with so many things. I love my husband and girls. We have such wonderful family and friends that help to make our lives complete. We are blessed with a nice house, clothes, food, jobs and vehicles. I am grateful to be a mother, wife, sister, daughter and friend. I know I have lots of room for improvement in all of these areas, and all I can say is I will do my best to improve in all. I truly could not ask for more.
Now that I have rattled on forever, I will upload some pictures of our winter fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment