Ward ski night was March 4th at Beaver Mountain. We took the girls and when I say we, I mean Ryan. I went along, but I am the world's worst skier so I did not ski. This was Laci's second time and Katelyn's first time. I helped Katelyn for the first little bit on the "magic carpet" while Ryan went down with Laci. Then Laci found her friend Cassie and they raced down the mountain for the rest of the night. Overall it was a great night. Then it was time to go and Ryan and Laci came in and Laci was crying hysterically. She went off a jump going way too fast and landed on her butt. By the end of the night Katelyn was beat. But overall, it was a fun night for them. Maybe next time I will attempt snowboarding.
Katelyn havin' a blast!
Ryan & Katelyn
Laci & Cassie Waiting in line for the lift.
Katelyn turned 7 on March 22nd. I can't believe my baby is seven. She gets mad when I call her my baby. It makes me so sad that my girls are growing up. I guess that is why my Mom had twelve children, she always liked having babies around.
The cake before it is frosted.
Katelyn won the Birthday Club on the radio.
Birthday breakfast...waffles with spray butter and a candle of course.
Striking a pose with Laci. Nice face Laci.
Katelyn decorated her own cake. It was a tye-dye cake. It tasted good and looked awesome, if I do say so my self.
The inside of the cake. So cool!
Katelyn wrapped herself up.
The free cat certificate and promise agreement.
Ryan has been promising Katelyn a cat. That is all she wanted for Christmas and that is all she was asking for for her birthday too. I really do not want a cat, one dog is more than enough animals for me. Ryan just kept saying what a good kid she has been and that we could use the cat as leverage. He gave her a certificate for her birthday that said "good for on free cat" and told her he would take her to pick out a cat on Saturday the 26th. Friday night we went to Petsmart and looked at cats. The entire time I am telling him I don't think this is a good idea. Oh, "but she has been so good", he kept telling me. He made her sign an agreement that said she would take care of the cat and do everything for it, or he would take it back. Saturday I had to work. Ryan took the girls to Petsmart. Katelyn called me at work and was so excited, she had found a cat. She told me it was grey and was so cute and they were going to get it. About 20 minutes later, Ryan called me and said Katelyn had been bit by a dog that was doing training at the store. He said she was fine, that it was just a scratch and did not puncture the skin. He said they were getting all the information form Petsmart and the owner. Animal Control came to the store to check everything out too. Ryan said as a precaution, he was going to take her to Instacare. He did and everything was fine. The dog was current on all its shots, Katelyn didn't have to get any shots. The doctor just cleaned it out really good, numbed it and bandaged it. Ryan called me when they were done at Instacare and told me they got a different cat, a grey/black stripe tabby. When I got home Katelyn and Laci were so excited about the cat they would not do anything but hold the cat. Rex did not know what to think of it, and neither do I. I still don't think this is a good idea.
The aftermath of the dog. :(
Katelyn & Lucky
3 comments:
Hooray for Lucky! What an adorable cat! I am sure they will the best of friends. How crappy she got bit! I hope she is not too traumatized. I love your pictures! Thanks for sharing!
I feel so bad that she got bit!! The pictures are great and that cake looked yummy!! Good luck with the cat! It was good to see you!!
Poor Katelyn! I can't believe that! I love all the pictures! The cake looked good!
I am sad I never knew you had a blog, Kristin just told me! LOVE IT!
NAT
Post a Comment